1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters in Nanotech from UK or USA

1. Jul 14, 2009 #1
    First of all, is a course in Nanotechnology or Nanoscience worth it or is it just a lot of hype?

What can I do after a masters in Nanotech/science?

Is it better to do it in UK or in USA?

USA has only two colleges that offer this course, namely Rice and SUNY-Albany. But, there are a lot of colleges that offer it in the UK. Which is better?

More importantly, what are my job prospects after a Masters degree? If I do go abroad to do it, I would be taking a heavy loan that I would need to pay back. So the important thing is, how much of it is really worth it? Are jobs available after a masters course in nanotech? or are they just reserved for PhDs?

I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some advice on this. I'm really confused by the whole thing.

Googling for answers has made me only ask more questions, so I thought I would ask you guys! :D

Thanks for any help on the same.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted