1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters in Physics in US

  1. Jun 19, 2010 #1
    I have finished my B.Sc Physics recently and want to join graduate program in US. However the problem is my B.Sc course was of three years and I have heard that it requires 4 years undergraduate program to join graduate program in US. So,my question is if I take GRE Physics and secure good marks , do I have good possibility to get admitted in graduate program in US.Or, should I finish my Masters in physics here and apply for the MS in US.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2010 #2


    User Avatar

    Which country did you get your BSc from? My physics department has admitted a few European students with a 3-year BSc, but usually requires that students from India earn a masters in their own country before applying for one in ours.
  4. Jun 19, 2010 #3
    From Nepal which is very close to India
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook