1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters of Civil Engineering

1. Jul 9, 2010 #1
    Hello good people of PF

I'm going into my third year of undergrad civil engineering in university. So far my GPA is only 2.5/4 I have been lazy the past 2 years but I know i am capable of high marks..

After undergrad, I`m planning to get a Masters degree in the same field. I haven`t done much research but I am leaning towards attending McGill (Montreal). I checked their website and it said the minimum GPA required is 3.2 in your last 2 years. I`m not sure but this is probably very different from what is needed to actually get accepted with grants..

Right now I am trying to get a picture of what I need to do to get accepted by McGill. If anyone here knows anything or has ANY advice please reply

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2010 #2

Homework Helper

That is fine, but your focus is in what? Civil Engineering is a broad area.
  4. Jul 10, 2010 #3
    either transportation or infrastructure
  5. Jul 11, 2010 #4

Homework Helper

I got my Master in Transportation. If you have any questions let me know.
  6. Jul 11, 2010 #5
    ok I haven't done much research, but from what I heard from upper year students, transportation is much easier to study and there's more money in that field. This is in Canada btw. Does your experience reflect this?

The decision will probably be easier to make after I finish my third year courses..
  7. Jul 17, 2010 #6

Homework Helper

Easier? Money in this field?

Y'know I recommend choosing a path because you enjoy it. Easy and Money might not be the best way.
  8. Jul 19, 2010 #7
    i agree with you
    however, i don't know which one I will enjoy more...will decide after third year
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook