1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters of Physics in Spain

1. May 18, 2015 #1
    Hi to all, I plan to get a masters degree in physics in Spain, but from the information I got, it only lasts for 1 year. Do anyone know if this is possible or plausible? As I know, the standard duration is 2 years. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. May 31, 2015 #3
    Not going to be of much help, but I can tell you something as I'm Spanish: In Spain, the basic Physics degree takes four years, while it's only 3 in the rest of Europe (don't know how long in the US); we don't make that distinction between Bsc and Msc, which is separating 3 and 4 year courses. Correct me if I'm wrong. So it's either 4 years or nothing, but after that, a lot Masters only last one year. That's the issue. But I'm sure you'll find 2 years masters if you search for them.

5. Jun 3, 2015 #4
    Hey I am actually looking to do the same. I just started searching around for an appropriate school in Barcelona.

I actually have a Finance BS so I'm not sure I would get accepted into a Masters program for Physics... which is probably grounds for a new thread in this forum! I did earn an A+ in my Physics course while getting my undergrad and I am sure I could get a good letter of recommendation for my professor.

What schools have you been looking into?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook