1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters without Research Experience?

1. Jan 14, 2013 #1
    So I've read a lot about how it's very difficult to get into graduate school without research experience. By graduate school, do they mean for PhD or Masters as well? By the way, I am in Electrical Engineering.

Now I never did research during my summers because I did summer jobs with companies since I believed I will want to enter the industry when I graduate. I still think I still want to enter the industry after graduation.

However, i fear I may want to go back to get a M.Sc. after I work a bit if I found some parts of my discipline very interesting. Would I be burning bridges if I did absolutely no research during my undergrad? Could I still get in M.Sc. from good universities such as the University of Toronto? If for some reason after my Masters, I want to do a PhD, the research from my M.Sc. would definitely weigh over anything I did in undergrad right?

Thanks for your answers guys. I hope they are not too stupid because I never really ventured into thinking about these academia side of things before.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted