Matching clothes

Danger said:
The 'all black' thing is kind of iffy. One outfit that I wear for big events such as a major music night at the bar, or New Year's Eve, is black pants, shirt, jacket, belt and shoes, with either black or white socks. I have a really nice beige (not quite pink) tie that sets it off well.
Generally, sticking to 'earth tones' takes the guesswork out of it. Grey and black tend to go well with anything, and most shades of brown work together.
I wear all black sometimes: black jeans, black sneakers, black polo shirt, black belt, but with white socks.

Danger
Gold Member
Men don't have a labour day; we never get pregnant. :rolleyes:

If you aren't wearing pants it's a good idea to ditch the socks as well.
I don't know how I feel about it, but I've been told (by 2 people) that I look really good in "gay" colors. I don't know what that means though.
I just have to trust others as to what looks good on me. I'll wear whatever someone tells me too. When I shop for clothes is the only time I ever say yes when a salesman says can I help you.

I was never a believer in the "color season" of individuals until my niece introduced me to it. I still think that no matter how well the color of your clothes go together, if they ain't your colors, they just ain't your colors.

Any color clothing may look good on you if your face and hair don't show.:wink: Your individual color season is the icing on the cake.

http://dapples.stores.yahoo.net/colors.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, dapples is BRIGHT. I'm a bit too old for that much color. I'm much more into pastel shades. Muted, like my personality

lunarmansion said:
and do not wear...white pants after labour day...
What's this no white after labor day about? Why not?

tribdog said:
I'm much more into pastel shades. Muted, like my personality
Pastels aren't muted, greyed down, they're colors that have been mixed with white.

Evo said:
I was thinking of dress slacks. Blue Jeans don't matter.
What are "dress slacks"?

and when does it stop being after labor day and start being before labor day?

zoobyshoe said:
Pastels aren't muted, greyed down, they're colors that have been mixed with white.
I'll change my statement then.
I'm much more into pastel shades. I'm white.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
tribdog said:
and when does it stop being after labor day and start being before labor day?
Memorial Day.

And, yes, definitely, if you're not wearing pants, don't wear socks. :biggrin:

KingNothing said:
Hi all...i am having trouble getting my clothes to match. I don't have a girlfriend, so no one to help really. Is there a way of knowing what colors match and what don't? As in, a scientific rule I can apply?

Also, an online color matcher or overview of common coordinating and contrasting colors would be great.
why dont u know how to match your clothes????????:surprised :bugeye: :rofl:

shmoe
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Moonbear said:
And, yes, definitely, if you're not wearing pants, don't wear socks. :biggrin:
Are people in shorts not allowed to wear shoes?

I get chastized all the time when I wear socks and sandals, but it keeps the snow off my toes. It seems dressing myself is yet another thing I don't know how to do properly.

If "no pants" means "naughty bits flying in the wind", then no socks is good advice. "Many a man has fallen victim to the sock gap".

KingNothing said:
Hi all...i am having trouble getting my clothes to match. I don't have a girlfriend, so no one to help really. Is there a way of knowing what colors match and what don't? As in, a scientific rule I can apply?

Also, an online color matcher or overview of common coordinating and contrasting colors would be great.
you could ask people who would know :wink: like people at a clothing store. or watch what not to wear if you can get it where you live.
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/whatnottowear.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: