1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Material for a milkshake straw

1. Mar 1, 2013 #1
    Hey guys, I am new to this forum so I don't know if this is the correct place to post this thread. Anyways, I was wondering what kind of material would be better for a milkshake straw. Would a highly thermal conductive material (like silver) or a thermal resistant material (like glass) be better for keeping the milkshake flowing smoothly through the straw? I am trying to think of a way to optimize the milkshake straw since the disposable plastic ones at fastfood restaurants are either too small in diameter or they freeze up. If this isn't the right place for this thread, I'm sorry, just let me know where to post it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2013 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If it's not homework, and I'm guessing this isn't, you don't want to post in the homework forums. There are more rules here than elsewhere. If you just want to discuss the engineering of fast food straws, I'd try one of the engineering forums.

4. Mar 1, 2013 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A silver straw would probably be worth more than the milkshake.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted