Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Materials characterization

1. Oct 1, 2012 #1
    Dear All,

I am looking for contact address(es) of university institution(s) where i could send samples for characterization. I work using XRD, EDX, SEM, IS(impedance spectroscopy analyzers-upto GHz frequencies). Also, DTA/DSC/TGA, UV-Vis and NMR, among others, principally. I Work with both thin and bulk materials.
    An idea about the fees would be helpful and method of payment. Of course if i can get collaboration it would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Dr. Umar Ahmadu

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

We moved your thread to the Material Science forum, where it should get better responses.

The type of analyses you are looking for would be available at industrial labs, probably more accessible and available than trying to get such work done at university labs. I have used a few such resources here in Silicon Valley, California (US) in the past:

Non Destructive Test Labs: http://www.ndtlabs.com/

Foothills Analytical Laboratory: http://www.foothills-analytical.com/

Even if these labs cannot do exactly what you want, they may be able to point you to other labs or consultants who can help.

4. Oct 7, 2012 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

At least naming the continent on which you are wouldn't hurt, as we have users from all over the world. If you are in the middle of Pacific European labs don't make much sense, while if you live on Faroe Islands sending your samples to New Zealand would be rather extravagant.

5. Oct 10, 2012 #4
    Dear All,

Kindly provide me with contact information about where i could send my samples for NMR and IS(Impedance spectroscopy, upto GHz range) and the relevant fees to be paid.I work with both thin film and bulk material.

Thank you.

Umar Ahmadu

Minna, Nigeria

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook