1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math competitions

1. May 12, 2014 #1
    So I live in silicon valley and I was wondering what mathematics competitions are there? The ones that are nearby and that are only for high school students. I need to have at least 4 nearby competitions for my math club because I want the members participating a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2014 #2

IGU

Go to a math circle or two and talk to them, or check their web sites. The major ones in Silicon Valley are San Jose, Stanford, and Berkeley. I've already pointed you at good sources for competition information. Have you actually looked at any of them? What have you found?

You are not going to get anywhere in this unless you are willing to put in some effort.

4. May 13, 2014 #3
    Yes I looked into SMT and BMT but those are pretty much the only ones that I can find.

5. May 15, 2014 #4
    I don't know if you are just looking at purely team based ones in the local area but why not just set up a training program for your team for the USAMO/IMO, unless you already have.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook