1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Computer Program?

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    :: Math Computer Program??? ::

do you guys know if there is a computer program that can solve equations, graph stuff, expand polynomials, solve matrices etc.?

thanks alot for help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mathematica is probably the most popular.

4. Jun 11, 2005 #3
    Mupad and Octave
    Octave runs on the least restrictive license

5. Jun 11, 2005 #4
    there are many ...the top 3 Matlab(linear systems) Maple(canada-applied math) and mathematic(symbolic math, US i'm assuming).

6. Jun 12, 2005 #5
    I really like Maple, but I believe the softwares others have just mentioned will do the job for the use you're looking for.

7. Jun 13, 2005 #6
    are these programs like mathematic and maple terribly complicated to use? i'm not such an expert.

8. Jun 13, 2005 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We have no idea what kind of background you have, either in mathematics or in the use of a computer, so we can't really say whether those programs will be difficult for you or not.

- Warren

9. Jun 13, 2005 #8
    they are standards for undergraduate first years.

10. Jun 14, 2005 #9
    ok, i'm in grade 11 right now... i guess i can figure it out if they are standard for undergrad 1st years

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?