1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math course options?

1. Mar 26, 2016 #1
    I'm a senior electrical engineering major and am actually having fun in this mathematical computations course I'm currently taking. I'm trying to find out what kind of math course would be beneficial in obtaining a deeper understanding Maxwell's Equations, basically gradients, dot products, and cross products in three dimensional space.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2016 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Vector Calculus or multivariable calculus if you haven't already taken it. It also couldn't hurt to take a course on partial differential equations.

4. Mar 26, 2016 #3
    I don't know if they offer it at your school, but take a mathematical methods in physics class typically open to only physics majors but I am sure the professor wouldn't mind you taking it. It is a lot of calc 1 and 2 but it does go into things such as complex analysis and just general math that you will face in problems in e and m and such

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted