1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Course Question/Work Schedule

1. Aug 31, 2012 #1
    Hey Guys,

Been around the forums for a couple years now and was hoping I could get some advice regarding math courses I need to take.

I currently attend a CC in Illinois and will be looking to transfer next spring. I am currently enrolled in Calc 1 after having to take Pre-calc over the summer since I took a few years off after high school to work and figure out what I wanted to do with my life.

My question is whether I should take calc 3 over the summer so I can take Diff equations in the fall or just wait to take Calc 3 in the fall and Diff Eq at the school I transfer to? It won't be feasible for me to stay an additional semester after that since all of my classes except that one will be finished. The summer teacher for Calc 3 has horrible ratings on ratemyprofessors.com as well. I would be working around 30 hours a week during the summer as well.

Also, is this schedule do-able working 30 hours a week? I need to work to pay for school and my other expenses.

Calc 2- 5 semester hours
    Chem- 5 semester hours
    Physics 1/Mechanics- 5 semester hours.

15 total semester hours.

Thank you for all of your help!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted