1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math for BioPhysics

1. Jan 14, 2009 #1
    Hi all,

I'm a biophysics major looking to attend graduate school in biophysics some time in the future. I was wondering up to what level of math should I be taking, especially if I am interested in the computational side of the field?

Thanks for your input,
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2009 #2
    First off, you should check with your academic advisors. My opinion is to take Linear Algebra and especially Numerical Analysis. You can probably pick up other relevant mathematical methods in your quantum mechanics and statistical physics courses. Also, be sure to check this out:

and look under "Suggested Undergraduate Preparation for Application."
  4. Feb 14, 2009 #3
    Thanks for the info.
    There is such an overwhelming number of courses that are required for the major here at my university. I'm just trying to figure out how I am going to fit in all the courses I should be taking for grad school.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?