1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math for Grad-Level Physics

1. Mar 21, 2009 #1
    Hey everyone,

So I'm about to graduate with my B.S. in Physics, and am taking some years off of school to go into teaching, as it has become a new found passion of mine over the past few months. However, I do not want to give up on expanding my mind as far as physics goes, as I do eventually have aspirations of grad school(either physics or geophys.), and plan to do alot of independent research into more advanced ideas in physics, but from what I've seen, I am going to need to do some work with math first.

Currently I would say I have very strong grasps on Calculus, Algebra, and Geometry, and am currently taking Linear Algebra and Differential Equations, leading the class grade-list for both. I know I have to familiarize myself with Probability/Stats, as I've never taken a formal class in it, but what other higher level maths should I aquaint myself and become comfortable with for higher level physics?

Also apologize if there is a similar thread, as its nearly 3am and I just realized at the end of typing this out that we have a search function here...:D

thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2009 #2
  4. Mar 21, 2009 #3
    thanks, i assumed there was a thread already but didnt find it...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook