Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math forums suggestion

1. Oct 12, 2005 #1
    Considering that this is a physics and math help forum, I believe that admin should add a sub-forum for statistical mathematics, probability, and/or mathematics for business. Although they aren't "conventional" science-related maths, they are maths nonetheless, and i think that they are deserving of a subforum. Hopefully someone will agree with me. thanx

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2005 #2

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Oct 12, 2005 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That would certainly be one of them.

Student007, "business math" is not a different kind of math. It simply entails algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics. We have sections to discuss all of those. To my knowledge the only quantitative business subject that isn't covered by our math section is accounting. But then again, accounting isn't math. (although if you ask nicely you might get someone to discuss accounting in our Social Sciences Forum, which would include economics).

5. Oct 13, 2005 #4
    Thanx guys...I guess i missed that subforum

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?