Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Is Hard, a Phoney?

1. Jun 18, 2006 #1
    That Barbie(cue) thread got me to wikipedia Barbie, and there it says that the phrase barbie said was not "Math is Hard" but instead "Math Class is Tough" And they had a source too :uhh:

Source: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE7DE103AF932A15753C1A964958260

MIH is this true? Are you a phoney? Is your entire PF character a big lie? :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

PHONEY!!!! SHE'S A GREAT BIG PHONEY!!!! (Family guy reference :P)

4. Jun 18, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

:grumpy: :grumpy: Pengwuino, you is going to end up on my bar b.
    i bet you taste like chicken :yuck:

5. Jun 18, 2006 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

One less PF sister to worry about....

...she is kicked out of the sisterhood...right?

6. Jun 18, 2006 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you guys really want to start calling me MCIT? I was trying to make it easy on you.

7. Jun 18, 2006 #6
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. Jun 18, 2006 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

well...mih is easier to pronounce that MCIT...

.but you're a liar....we need a poll "is MIH/MCIT evil or not?"

9. Jun 18, 2006 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

You'll get nowhere with that poll, Bubba. Anyone voting against MIH will have the Sisterhood in their future. :devil: :biggrin:

Besides, MIH is a Texan, and for Texans, things are "hard"!1!1!111 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jus' kiddin' MIH. HEY! Put that gun down NOW!1!1 Uh oh... :surprised Math? :redface: Sweetie? :!!) Don't hurt your big sis...

Now look what you guys started. She's just a tad PO'd. You'd better watch your steps. :biggrin:

10. Jun 18, 2006 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OK, that's it! THREAD LOCKED!:grumpy:

11. Jun 18, 2006 #10

Tsu

Gold Member

YEAH!!11 :grumpy:

IVAN!! EVO!! MOONBEAR!!! INTEGRAL??? Where ARE those mentors when you need them? Oh, yeah. Ivan's in the shower. :biggrin:

12. Jun 18, 2006 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I'll take care of this.

THREAD CLOSED!!!!!!

13. Jun 18, 2006 #12
    Sorry MCIT, I did not realize all the problems this would cause :redface:

Thread Locked!

14. Jun 18, 2006 #13

wolram

Gold Member

I wish i could understand american humour :biggrin: anyways MIH i have wished you a big box of chocs so you will not be peed off any more, and you are all invited to my bar b, so get Evo to load up the private jet and get yous asses over here, bring Ivan he can be the master bar b quist, oh and remember Evo you may need emergency thrust to take off after the bar b.

15. Jun 18, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Ill bring the mozarella cheese sticks

16. Jun 18, 2006 #15

JamesU

Gold Member

don't forget the powdered sugar

17. Jun 18, 2006 #16
    oooooooohhhhhh! OUCH!

18. Jun 18, 2006 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks Wollie! I bet that'll be just the thing to cheer up MIH, and we'll all be over for the bar-b. :biggrin:

Now, for those (Tsu :rolleyes:) who were doubting the mentors, if we locked the thread when everyone demanded it, MIH wouldn't have gotten that big box of chocolates (of course we expect she'll share with her sisters...mom said she has to), and we wouldn't have gotten the nice invite to Wollie's bar-b. We just might be wiser than you thought. :approve: (:uhh: Ivan...don't admit to anything, no matter how much she tortures you in the shower!)

19. Jun 18, 2006 #18

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The Pf Sister's Supersonic RV can handle it. :approve:

20. Jun 18, 2006 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's no way I could be in a bad mood right now. Crab legs were on sale at the market. I'm as full as a tick. And now I find out I've chocs to eat, too? Wheee, doggie! :smile:

Good thing I did two bike rides today!

oh, and I'll bring some more crab legs for Wol's bar b. Fresh corn roasted in the husk would be awesome, too. Will pick some up at the farmer's market.

21. Jun 18, 2006 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds great! I'm stuffed full too! I spent the entire weekend at a nutrition symposium (no, I don't study nutrition, I just collaborate with someone who does and got roped into this, but it was interesting anyway, and I know a bunch of the folks from other shared research interests). So, we were listening to all these talks about obesity and high protein vs high fat vs high fiber diets, etc., then ATE (what else do you do after talking about food all day). For the lunch break yesterday, my co-chair got up and said the organizers had arranged for a practical lab experience if everyone would just head down the hall to the right. :rofl: (That's where the lunch buffet was set up.) I talked too long with people after the talks though, and wound up in the food deprivation group. :frown: (Never let the hungry grad students get at the front of the line.) But, made up for it at dinner. We had a really great barbecue at the state forest nearby. Then today, when the symposium ended, we had a lab picnic. Stuffed myself again. Then had to take a post-doc candidate out for dinner tonight, so stuffed once more. :rolleyes: Can Wollie postpone the bar-b a few days so I can get my appetite worked up again for all the yummy food he'll be making?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?