Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Is Hard Rescue Commitee

1. Oct 27, 2006 #1
    I recieved two E-Mails from Math Is Hard today and she seems to be trapped in the old server unable to get here. She says it's a ghost town except for Wolram and Robphy who wander in and out occasionally.

I think we need to get a team of dog sleds together to go up the snow bound pass and rescue her. I think she's been there for days without food and water and may resort to cannibalism next time someone wanders in.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Has she tried logging out, then deleting the cookie(s), and then logging back in?

4. Oct 27, 2006 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This morning I was unable to get anything other then a 404 access error until I entered the IP address (75.126.60.30) directly, then slowly I started getting something other then gibberish. Now all is good.

5. Oct 27, 2006 #4
    Oh my, this is grim news indeed. I best get the super RV out of storage, yes, she must be saved at all cost{I trust you all will chip in for the gas}.
    If she can't delete the cookies, have her eat them. Tell her there chocolate..tell her what ever she needs to hear. We must get her back!

6. Oct 27, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wasn't even on the old server. I was in server limbo! I kept getting a page that showed two folders for the PF Index. :bugeye:

7. Oct 27, 2006 #6
    Oh, that's great advice about eating the cookies! I wish I'd thought to suggest it.

Anyway, she didn't respond to my second and third e-mails so I'm afraid she may now be delerious and disoriented. I think search parties are in order.

8. Oct 27, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh no! Never fear, Tsu is on the new server with us, so we have our best RV driver to go get her. We'll make an exception this time and allow non-sisterhood members on the RV (you're going to have to be blindfolded while inside though...too many top secret devices...and the handcuffs are just a safety precaution) so you can join the search party once we land.

9. Oct 27, 2006 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hey! I am here. I seem to be able to log-on from home now. Last night I was getting the same page Moonie was.

yeah, I tried dumping cookies and a few other strategies on my other machine at work, but no luck. I even tried going straight to the new IP address. I shouldn't be PFing at work anyway, though.:redface:

thanks for the rescue! now, we have to go get Wollie!

10. Oct 27, 2006 #9

Astronuc

Doesn't the RV have a roof rack? :biggrin:

Also, I thought we had installed a weapons . . . er um . . . utility bay. :cool:

11. Oct 27, 2006 #10

Astronuc

Welcome Home MIH. Now get over to Moonbear's Party!

12. Oct 27, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yay! Glad you're finally here! Okay, off to Wollie's cot next.

13. Oct 27, 2006 #12
    Thank God you made it! I think you'd better rest and eat a chocolate cake or something.

14. Oct 27, 2006 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It was really weird in the other PF. Gokul was there, but a house had fallen on him, so I stole his cute red glittery shoes. Moonbear appeared in a pink bubble and told me to take the yellow brick information superhighway to find chroot, but I fell asleep in a cookie field. That's when I heard Zooby calling me in a dream..

15. Oct 27, 2006 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Come join me in my belated birthday thread and we'll all have chocolate cake together...that is if you aren't all full from eating cookies.

16. Oct 27, 2006 #15
    I hate to tell you this but it's all exactly the same here.

17. Oct 27, 2006 #16
    On Thursday and some of Wed. I couldn't acces the forrum. instead i kept getting redirected to some wierd html template thingy that only had 2 links, 1 that led me to a 404 and the other that said parent directory that just takes me to where i already was. it automatically stopped today for some reason...

18. Oct 27, 2006 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Except for Gokul's shoes, right?

19. Oct 27, 2006 #18
    Sorry. He wants them back ASAP.

20. Oct 27, 2006 #19

Tsu

Gold Member

We will NEVER surrender the beautiful red glittery shoes (size 7 I hear :biggrin: - just my size!!!) :biggrin:

21. Oct 28, 2006 #20
    I managed to make it here, it wasn't working for me 2 hours ago though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?