1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Master/Bachelor -> PhD Theor./Math. Physics

  1. Jul 18, 2012 #1
    I'm a Greek physics student and I want to study theoretical or mathematical physics in a USA university. Because in our universities we don't have much research opportunities in an undergraduate level.

    When I get my degree I can enter a math department and in two years I'll have my math degree, something like double major. (I'll do that because I really like math, not because it might boost my chances to get in a prestigious university).

    But recently, it came to mind that I can do a master's degree here in Greece instead of doing the above, because it will take the same amount of time (2 years), and the GREs seem pretty easy. Should I go for a Master's or not?? Thanks you in advance.
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted