1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math/Physics Bachelors Degree?

1. Nov 11, 2011 #1
    Okay, so right now I'm scheduled to go to University for Aerospace Engineering but I'm having second thoughts. I got into it b/c I love math and physics and I thought that since I also love everything space related this would be the perfect program for me.

Now I'm thinking that I should go directly into a math or physics program. I think that I would enjoy the program itself as well as the possibility of a research career after university. I realize that I would probably have to get a Masters, or more likely a PhD, but I can do that.

My only problem is I don't know how hard or easy it is to get a career in research. I'd much rather be a "mathematician" if they are still around, but being a physicist is not bad at all.

tl;dr what would it take to get into a research career in math or physics. This means what level of degree and how hard would it be after I get it.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted