Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathcad Plot Problem

1. Nov 15, 2004 #1
    As part of a yield simulation project, I have created a datasheet in Mathcad to calculate the principal stresses acting on a tested sample. Due to the fact I have only recently started to use Mathcad (and would like to use it more), I am having trouble plotting a yield locus using its graph functions.

Basically, I have defined two functions for the two principal stresses, sigma subcript 1 and sigma subscript 2. These are functions-of-functions themselves, so that I could merely create data tables with the measured quantities and calculate the stresses as a function of that tabular data.

The problem arises when I come to plot a graph. I would like to plot each obtained value of sigma subscript 2 against the corresponding value of sigma subscript 1. The only way I can think of to achieve this is to put all my calculated values into a matrix.

But how can I plot corresponding components of this matrix against each other?

Sorry for the long winded explanation - I knew I should have used Matlab and just got it over and done with :)
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted