Dynamic Solution for Variable Slider in Mathematica 7 with Cosine Function

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter button_ger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Dynamic in finding a solution for a variable slider. It suggests using Dynamic[distance]/Cos[Dynamic[angle]] and Manipulate[distance/Cos[angle], {angle, 0., 90.}, {distance, 0., 1000.}] as potential solutions. However, using Dynamic with a variable in the next line is not possible.
button_ger
hey.

How can I realize a dynamic solution?

The first variable slider should be simply d and the second a Cos [x degrees]?

Slider[Dynamic[angle], {0., 90.} Degree]
Slider[Dynamic[distance], {0, 1000.}]
Dynamic[distance]/ Cos[Dynamic[angle] ]

... does not work.
The solution will give
830. Sec[1.428] for example.

How can I solve the problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
Dynamic[distance/Cos[angle]]

or

Manipulate[distance/Cos[angle], {angle, 0., 90.}, {distance, 0., 1000.}]

Great. This solved my problem. Thanks a lot.

But now I have an analogical problem.
When I use "solution = Dynamic[distance/Cos[angle]]" I cannot use solution in the next line dynamicaly like

solution2 = solution * 2

How can I do this?

Dynamic[solution=distance/Cos[angle]]

I wish I could give you an explanation why, but I honestly don't understand the details of Dynamic.

1. What is Mathematica 7?

Mathematica 7 is a software program developed by Wolfram Research that is used for mathematical computation, data analysis, and visualization. It is often used by scientists, engineers, and mathematicians for complex calculations and modeling.

2. What are the new features in Mathematica 7?

Some of the new features in Mathematica 7 include improved performance, expanded data analysis capabilities, and new visualization and graphics tools. It also introduced a new programming language called "Wolfram Language" and added support for new data formats.

3. Can Mathematica 7 be used for machine learning?

Yes, Mathematica 7 has built-in functions and algorithms for machine learning tasks such as classification, clustering, and regression. It also has tools for creating and training neural networks.

4. Is Mathematica 7 suitable for creating interactive documents?

Absolutely. Mathematica 7 has a feature called "Manipulate" that allows users to create dynamic and interactive documents, presentations, and simulations. It also supports the creation of web-based interactive applications using the "CDF" format.

5. Can Mathematica 7 be used for symbolic computation and solving equations?

Yes, symbolic computation and equation solving are some of the core capabilities of Mathematica 7. It can handle complex symbolic expressions and perform operations such as differentiation, integration, and simplification. It also has powerful tools for solving equations and systems of equations.