Plot Polynomial Q10[x] with Variables x & t, Range 0-1

In summary, the conversation was about plotting the polynomial Q10[x_] := c*(1 - (t - x)^2)^10 with variables x and t within the range of [0, 1]. The requested code was provided and it was mentioned that the value of c is approximately 3.1 and less than the square root of 10. The conversation also mentioned using two variables to plot two functions in R^2, but it was decided to use one variable instead.
nalkapo
I want to plot this polynomial:
Q10[x_] := c* (1 - (t - x)^2)^10

I defined variable 't' in f(t) and 'x' in the polynomial Q10[x].
how can I plot this polynomials with variebles x and t? the range-interval will be (for both x and t): [0,1].

can you write the code please...
Thanks...

Edit: by the way, c~ 3.1. it will be less than Square root[10]

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Is this anything like what you are trying to accomplish?

c = 3.1;
Q10[c_,x_,t_] := c*(1 - (t - x)^2)^10;
Plot3D[Q10[c,x,t], {x, 0, 1}, {t, 0, 1}, ViewPoint->{-1.2, -2.4, 2}]

Thanks Bill,
I figured it out. I needed to plot in coordinate system, R^2.
actually i didn't give all the details. i tried to use two variables to plot two functions in R^2 but it is not possible. I decreased to one variable and problem was solved.
Thanks for help. at least I got some idea about 3D plot ;)

What is a polynomial?

A polynomial is a mathematical expression that consists of variables, constants, and exponents. It can be used to represent a wide range of functions, including curves and lines.

How do you plot a polynomial?

To plot a polynomial, you will need to first determine the values of the variables. Then, you can plug these values into the polynomial expression to calculate the corresponding y-values. These points can then be plotted on a graph to create the polynomial curve.

What is the significance of using variables in a polynomial plot?

Using variables in a polynomial plot allows for greater flexibility and customization. By assigning values to the variables, you can adjust the shape and position of the polynomial curve, making it more specific to the situation or problem at hand.

What is the range of a polynomial plot?

The range of a polynomial plot refers to the set of all possible output values, or y-values, that can be obtained from the polynomial equation. In this case, the range is 0-1, meaning that all y-values on the graph will fall between 0 and 1.

How can a polynomial plot with variables be useful in scientific research?

A polynomial plot with variables can be useful in scientific research for modeling and analyzing data. By adjusting the variables, scientists can see how different factors affect the outcome of a particular experiment or study. This can help in understanding complex systems and predicting future outcomes.