Help with Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux

In summary, hhegab is looking for someone who has Mathematica 4.0 or 4.1 on a Linux box (specifically RedHat or Mandrake) to help with a font problem they are facing. Another user has Mathematica 4.2 on their laptop but it is not running on RedHat or Mandrake. The original poster explains that they are using Mathematica with a package called FeynArts and have been unable to solve the font problem for 3 months. Another user provides some potential resources for solving the issue and mentions that they also use Mathematica, although not on Linux.
hhegab
Hi all,
My question is, Does anyone here have a mathematica 4.0 or 4.1 on a linux box? (RedHat of Mandrake?)
I am facing a font problem and I thought I might have solutione here.
hhegab

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by hhegab
Hi all,
My question is, Does anyone here have a mathematica 4.0 or 4.1 on a linux box? (RedHat of Mandrake?)
I am facing a font problem and I thought I might have solutione here.
hhegab

i have mathematica on my laptop. why do you ask?

it is 4.2 (although i think i have a copy of 4.1 lying around somewhere too). and i don t run redhat or mandrake, but i don t see why you would care what distro it is. doesn t affect mathematica.

Hi,
thank you for the reply.
I use mathematica with a package called FeynArts. But I have a font problem that I could not solve for more than 3 months now. I thought sombody here could help me.
So, did you have the sae font problem while installing it? and what did you do?
Thank you for the concern.

hhegab

Perhaps these can be useful:
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/interface/fonterrors.h0tml
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-mathematica.html
http://baldur.globalsymmetry.com/proprietary/com/wri/

I don't run linux but I do use mathematica.
I haven't verified the links but i typed "mathematica font linux" in google to find those results.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I install Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux?

To install Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux, you will need to first download the appropriate installer from the Wolfram website. Then, follow the installation instructions provided in the installer. Make sure to have the necessary system requirements and dependencies installed before proceeding with the installation.

2. How do I launch Mathematica on Linux?

To launch Mathematica on Linux, you can either use the command line or a desktop shortcut, if one was created during the installation process. If using the command line, navigate to the directory where Mathematica was installed and type "mathematica" to launch the program.

3. Can I use Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux for data analysis?

Yes, Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux can be used for data analysis. It has powerful tools for data manipulation, visualization, and statistical analysis. It also has a wide range of built-in functions and packages for data analysis, making it a popular choice among scientists and researchers.

4. How do I update Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux?

To update Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux, you will need to download and install the latest version from the Wolfram website. Make sure to backup any important files or data before updating. You can also set up automatic updates through the Wolfram Product Management page.

5. Can I use Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux for programming?

Yes, Mathematica 4.0/4.1 on Linux can be used for programming. It supports multiple programming languages, including Mathematica's own programming language, Wolfram Language. You can also use it for developing and running code in other languages such as C, Java, and Python.