Where Can I Download Maple or Mathematica Software and How Much Does It Cost?

In summary, there are two options for downloadable maple/mathematica software: Maple, which costs $99 for the student edition, and Mathematica, which costs $1800 for the full version and $140 for the student version. The student versions have the same functionality as the full versions, but may have limited licenses and watermarks. More information can be found on the respective websites.
GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hi all, I'm currently searching for downloadable maple/mathematica software, do any of you know where I could go online to find one? If I were to buy one, how much would it typically cost?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mathematica is about $1800...

but if you're a student, its $140... which makes me wonder if its a dumbed down version or something... even though nothing seems dumbed down when I use it.

Maple:

http://www.maplesoft.com/

Student edition downloaded is $99 US. It's the same as the pro version, but I think the pro version comes with more manuals and costs more (I don't know offhand how much more). There's also a limited term license for less cash.

iirc the student version of mathematica has the same functionality as the full one, but your license is temporary and i think it prints a watermark. Their website should know all:

http://www.wolfram.com/

What is Mathematica or Maple software?

Mathematica and Maple are both software programs used for mathematical and scientific computations. They are powerful tools that allow users to solve complex equations, visualize data, and create interactive simulations.

How do I get started with Mathematica or Maple?

To start using Mathematica or Maple, you can download the software from their respective websites and follow the installation instructions. You can also find tutorials and resources online to help you get familiar with the software.

What are the main features of Mathematica and Maple?

Both Mathematica and Maple offer a wide range of features, including symbolic and numerical computations, data analysis and visualization, programming capabilities, and interactive tools for exploring mathematical concepts.

Can I use Mathematica or Maple for my specific field of study?

Mathematica and Maple are used in various fields such as mathematics, physics, engineering, and economics. They have a broad range of functions and can be customized for specific applications, making them useful for many different fields of study.

Are there any alternatives to Mathematica and Maple?

Yes, there are other software programs that offer similar capabilities to Mathematica and Maple, such as MATLAB and Python. However, each program has its own unique features and strengths, so it is best to research and choose the one that best suits your needs.