Using Mathematica: Read Variable Parameters Outside Manipulate

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter mr_hack
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation discusses using variables from a Manipulate function in other operations outside of the function. The solution is to set the desired variables equal to their values and use them elsewhere.
mr_hack
Mathematica to use it!

Hey guys

I was wondering if there a way to read the variable parameter in Manipulate outside the manipulate , what i mean 4 example :
Manipulate[ Plot[am E^(-(x - c)^2/(2 sigma^2)) , {x, 0.004, 0.00415}],
{sigma, 0.00001, 0.00015}, {c, 0.0040754, 0.00415}, {am, 1, 10000}]

if i change the 'am' or 'c' or 'sigma', how can i use them in other operation, outside the manipulate.

Thx in advance..

Physics news on Phys.org

Simply set some other variable equal to their value, e.g.:

Manipulate[c1 = c;
Plot[am E^(-(x - c)^2/(2 sigma^2)), {x, 0.004, 0.00415}], {sigma,
0.00001, 0.00015}, {c, 0.0040754, 0.00415}, {am, 1, 10000}]

Then you can use c1 elsewhere.

DaleSpam said:
Simply set some other variable equal to their value, e.g.:

Manipulate[c1 = c;
Plot[am E^(-(x - c)^2/(2 sigma^2)), {x, 0.004, 0.00415}], {sigma,
0.00001, 0.00015}, {c, 0.0040754, 0.00415}, {am, 1, 10000}]

Then you can use c1 elsewhere.

THx a lot, that's very kind of you

1. What is Mathematica and how does it work?

Mathematica is a computational software program developed by Wolfram Research. It is used for a variety of tasks such as mathematical computations, data analysis, and visualization. Mathematica works by using a symbolic language to represent mathematical equations and algorithms, and can perform both numerical and symbolic calculations.

2. Can I read variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function in Mathematica?

Yes, it is possible to read variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function in Mathematica. This can be done by using the Dynamic function, which allows for real-time updates of variable parameters. By wrapping the variable parameter in the Dynamic function, it can be accessed and used outside of the Manipulate function.

3. How do I access variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function?

To access the variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function, you can use the Dynamic function, as mentioned before. You can also use the ControlActive function, which allows for conditional evaluations of the variable parameters based on whether the Manipulate function is active or not.

4. Can I modify variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function?

Yes, variable parameters can be modified outside of the Manipulate function using the Dynamic function. By wrapping the variable parameter in the Dynamic function, any changes made to it will automatically update in the Manipulate function as well.

5. Are there any limitations to reading variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function?

One limitation to consider when reading variable parameters outside of the Manipulate function is that the variable parameters must be declared as global variables. This means that they can be accessed and modified by any function or expression in the Mathematica notebook. If the variable parameters are declared as local variables within the Manipulate function, they cannot be read outside of it.