Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical Analysis I

1. Oct 28, 2005 #1

ranger

Gold Member

Mathematical Analysis I by Elias Zakon.

This covers the following topics: metric spaces, open and closed sets, convergent sequences, function limits and continuity, compact sets, sequences and series of functions, power series, differentiation and integration, Taylor's theorem, total variation, rectifiable arcs, and sufficient conditions of integrability

This text is appropriate for any undergraduate course in real analysis or mathematical analysis, or for a preparatory class for beginning graduate students who will later advance to courses in measure theory and functional analysis

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2006 #2

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'd add that it has a nice introduction (chaper 1) to set theory that introduces the concept of sequence.

I have never had an introduction to set and been seeking a complete formal one for quite some time. I assume this is the case of other people also, so there: this book has it.

4. Feb 10, 2006 #3
    I emailed the publisher yesterday and found out that volume II is completed and it currently at the typesetting stage. It should be done soon.

5. Feb 10, 2006 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

That's great!

These books are golden.

Since I'm on my break, I should go through some of it again. I did the Basic Analysis one before. I'll go through the Mathematical Analysis one too.

6. Mar 11, 2006 #5

TD

Homework Helper

I've emailed them this week and I'm affraid it's going to take a bit longer than expected.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?