Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

<-Mathematical n00b

1. Sep 9, 2003 #1
    <------Mathematical n00b

I just came across this site today. I am an Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering student. I just started Calc I a month ago. Just wanted to say and to see what this forum was like. Anyways, like I said, I am a math noob since im only in calc I so I'll be looking here for help when I get stumped. Cya around.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2003 #2
    "Stay away from anti-people."

that sounds like something an anti-person would say, btw.

4. Sep 10, 2003 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm my own anti-person.
  5. Sep 10, 2003 #4
    i think the tendency is to believe that no one out there has any answers to fundamental questions. in that sense, i am also an anti-person for i believe it incredible that anyone has any answers. is it that self-discovery is the only tool we really have to getting the answers? that people without cannot give us the answers?

answers to what, you ask? well, i'd like answers to the following questions: what is the nature of myself? what is the nature of reality? what is the nature of God? those are my principle three goals right now; this is why i spend time on discussion forums, in the hope that others might possibly have the answers. i hope that my suspicion that no one has the answers is wrong, that i just haven't met the right people yet but someday will.

6. Sep 10, 2003 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Okay, I'm not proud, I'll show my age. Exactly what is a "noob"?
  7. Sep 10, 2003 #6
    i'm showing my age as well. it seems like noob is a neologism. i also pondered what this might be. i have guessed that it is short for noobie, as in new-be(ing).

just a thought.

8. Sep 11, 2003 #7
    n00b definition

lol! ok here ya go

n00b pronounced noooob.
    n. Slang
    Short for newbie. One who is a neophyte, a beginner.

sorry for my internet slang. I have been a multimedia designer by trade for the last few years so I dealt with internet geeks alot. Its ok my wife didnt know what it was either. Now she uses it in everyday conversations. Ha. It's becoming a part of american venacular.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?