Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical physics

1. Jan 21, 2005 #1
    I'm thinking of studying mathematical physics at my local university. But I'm no sure what kind of a job I could get with such a degree,. I'm interested mostly in scientific reasrch and stuf like that. I'm not realy a major fan of industial reassrsh. So could somen pleas tell me what a mathematical physicist realy does :confused: . I tried to get some info at the university but they didn't realy gave me any.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A mathematical physicst a.k.a. a theoretical physicist a.k.a. a theorist is an improved version of LAB RAT (a.k.a. experimentalist) ...HE IS A PAPER AND LAPTOP RAT.He teaches theoretical physics courses and in the remainder of time he reads and writes articles in his area of expertise...Not really dull,my view...

Daniel.

4. Jan 21, 2005 #3
    Well sounds qouit good to me :smile: .

5. Jan 21, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

To me too,which means (i thought i'd never say that :tongue2: ) "LENIN,WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE!!!!!!!" :tongue2:

Daniel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?