Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical Pod Cast

1. May 17, 2015 #1
    Hi everybody!
    I was just curious if there are any good or recommended mathematical pod cast, as I was recently bitten by the math bug, just going back to college after getting out of the military and would like to have something interesting to listen to while driving to and from school. I am just now taking Calc II w/ Analytical Geometry so nothing to serious or in-depth. :)

Thanks for your time and help,
    Jonathan Kyle

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

Youtube has the Numberphile channel with a lot of interesting posts and there's Veritasium for science posts.

4. May 17, 2015 #3
    I'm kind of in the same spot, I moved around a lot and missed out on a lot of schooling the first time around, but I've recently discovered how amazing mathematics are and have been self teaching myself for the last several months until I can go back to school. I've been looking and haven't had much luck with any good math podcasts because most math topics are highly visual and don't work too well in the audio format.

However, if you don't mind a little science with your math I would highly recommend the "Infinite monkey cage" podcast hosted by the english physicist Brian Cox or "Star Talk Radio" hosted by AstroPhysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. They are both very entertaining and you can learn some interesting mathematic and scientific principles along the way. I also know that the Great Courses offer a lot of mathematical courses taught by University professors and all of their downloads are available in an audio format so you can download them and listen to them in your car (They are pretty pricy though).

Hopefully one of those will help keep the drive more entertaining until you find something better. Just let me know if you do and I'll do the same! ;) Best of luck in school!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook