1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical rules

1. Oct 20, 2015 #1
    Hello, i just discovered this site and i love the work you guys are doing, helping people like me with math and physics etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows a website / list / etc with math-rules, like algebra, logarithms, power, rules for differentiation, elasticity, substitution, sequence, fractions and so on?

I would love a list with all the different rules, and am trying to avoid going through all my books to make it myself, so if anyone knows a good site / has a pdf or word document lying around i would love to know :)

-zebo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2015 #2
    I usually go to the wikipedia site for a general subfield (like logs or trig) to find a handy table with the familiar rules.

4. Oct 20, 2015 #3
    And Kahn academy for a visual / verbal - even the Unis recommend them.

5. Oct 20, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

6. Oct 20, 2015 #5

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

In my opinion, going through the books and making the list for yourself is the absolute best way to learn the material: it forces you to synthesis and ponder the material at a slow-enough pace that your mind has a chance to absorb it properly.

7. Oct 20, 2015 #6
    Thank you all for your fast replies.

Kahn academy is great, and i use it often for practice, but i just need a list of the different mathematical rules for different topics, since i have an exam coming up within the next couple of months. I cant memorize all the rules so a list would come in handy.

Thank you, i will definitely check it out, already found a pdf online of an old version.

I will take this into consideration, but since time is limited and im a lazy bastard i might not get it done. Might take a look at the book recommended by jedishrfu and make my own list from there.

Thank you all, i think i got the answers i needed :)

-zebo

8. Oct 20, 2015 #7

RJLiberator

Gold Member

I want to second Ray Vickson's notion. That has personally worked for me. I make posters of general mathematics ideas and hang them in my room.

9. Oct 21, 2015 #8
    I've downloaded malmath app from play store & found it amazing

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook