Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical Tattoo

1. Jan 20, 2006 #1
    I am thinking about getting a tattoo of Maxwells Equations on my back.
    I would want them to basically cover my back. I would have one in each "quadrant" of my back. What do you guys think?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Why not content yourself with a [itex]\pi[/itex] on your willie?
  4. Jan 20, 2006 #3
    why sotp there...go for the natural number e and the golden ratio...then draw the golden ratio...adn mmm pythatgorean theorem...or maybe some more geometry theorems

if you were going to get a mathematically tattooo...i wouldn't get maxeq'ns
    Go for soem time of fractal. or just create the entire cribsheet on your back for first and 2nd year physics =]
  5. Jan 20, 2006 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Pythogorean theorem??
    Does that involve the hytopenoose?
  6. Jan 20, 2006 #5
    Don't do it. Not that I dislike tattoos (in fact I have a bunch of those myself) but when someone asks you the traditional "what do your tattoos mean"-question you're in for a long explanation.
  7. Jan 20, 2006 #6
    I don't like tattoos, but this idea is so out of the ordinary that I prefer it to other tattoo ideas. The ultimate success or failure of the idea would depend on how it's composed visually, and the style and colors.

Start off by getting some pictures of your back, and then photoshop what you want onto them. Blow these up to poster size, hang them around your place. If you can still stand them after a few months, then take the original images and photoshop them into what you'll look like when you're middle aged and out of shape. If you can still stand these after a few months, then go for it.
  8. Jan 20, 2006 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why not content yourself with your willie in a [itex]\pi[/itex] ? That's nearly as good as the real thing - or so says the movie.
  9. Jan 20, 2006 #8

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Actually, Gokey, that hurts a lot. (at least the warm apple version of it)
  10. Jan 20, 2006 #9
    Screw it, I am getting E=mc^2 on the back of my neck. Where everyone can see it.
  11. Jan 20, 2006 #10
    I am about to go to the tatoo parlor here is an hour or two, so suggestions would be appreciated.
  12. Jan 20, 2006 #11
    I can do it now bcuasse I am preety damn drunk right new.
  13. Jan 20, 2006 #12
    i think i want to get eulers formula on my lower back. i've wanted it a while now. i thought that or the golden ratio since i think they're both "pretty" ideas. but eulers looked nice written down.
  14. Jan 20, 2006 #13
    I wont feel a damn thng!
  15. Jan 20, 2006 #14
    Most tattoo artists will not do ze inking if you go in drunk.
  16. Jan 20, 2006 #15
    F it. I am going to go it now. I am going to tke my cacluls book with me and just pick a theorim out of the book when I gett their. I ap so damn hyped!! Hell Yeah!!!!
  17. Jan 20, 2006 #16
    The owner is my uncle.
  18. Jan 20, 2006 #17
    I am sure you wont regret it!! After all girls are always looking for that tough guy tattoo look. But WAIT!! Make friggin sure you tell them it chineese script for something cool.
  19. Jan 20, 2006 #18
    Like kung pao chicken.
  20. Jan 20, 2006 #19
    Whadda bout this one?

21. Jan 20, 2006 #20
    Or this??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?