1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematics - ListPlot3D - Any help much appreciated

1. Nov 26, 2004 #1
    I would be most grateful if someone could help me. Basically, it would be a good idea to open up the attachment (and paste into Mathematica) and then read on.

Notice that “compStrats” is a function that in effect creates a list from a table.

You would also notice that the output is in a funny matrix form with quite a few “{“’s.

I was wondering if someone would adjust the code, or add a function (preferably using ListPlot3D) that could create a 3D graph with the following.

x axis: the parameter values as stated in compStrats, i.e. from 0 to 1
    y axis: the parameter values as stated in compStrats, i.e. from 0 to 1
    z axis: output – where it can be generalised which index values we want to plot, so if I wanted the first value of each output, it would graph -2, -2, 1, and so on, and vice versa.

As an example: the upper left value is x = 0, y = 0, z = -2 (by taking first value)

I think that the y increments for each x, but I may be wrong. I hope someone knows what I want to do.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted