Bug Mathjax problem

• Thread starter PAllen
  • Start date

PAllen

Science Advisor
Yesterday, latex was fine. Today, all posts with latex get "Math Error". No changes on my machine. Anyone else seeing this?

Borek

Mentor
Works OK for me.

PAllen

Science Advisor
Now it works fine for me too. Same machine, browser, etc. Didn't work then, works now. All is fine for now.

Borek

Mentor
Perhaps it had problem downloading MathJax code from the cloud.

I'll post about mathjax later tonight

My Latex has also stopped working. Wherever I once saw perfectly fine latex text, I now see "Math Processing Error" in red. I haven't installed anything new.

BiP

SammyS

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Earlier today I had a few of those errors, then all was fine.

Now I get that error for ALL LaTeX code.

[itex]\displaystyle \text{Like this .}[/itex]

Earlier today I had a few of those errors, then all was fine.

Now I get that error for ALL LaTeX code.

[itex]\displaystyle \text{Like this .}[/itex]
I'm not getting any explicit error message, but LaTeX is not rendering correctly for me. It looks like what Sammy showed, above.

I'm running IE 9. I tried logging out and logging back in, and was not able to open the PF site for about an hour, possibly a different problem.

EDIT: I just tried closing IE, and then restarting it, but that didn't change things.

No success yet, after clearing my browser's cache.

Greg,
It seems to work fine on IE8, which I'm running at home. I'm having the problems on two machines at work, where I'm running IE9. I think they might be having problems loading one or more of the js files.

If the problem is still there tomorrow I'll attach a screen shot, or if the problem goes away, I'll say that. Either way I'll get back to you tomorrow.

. . . got trouble in River-city looks to me. I mean don't you hate that, install an update then bam! stuff stops workin'. At least we're not FDA-regulated. Discrepancy meetings, heads on the block, revalidations, all that stuff. Yeah, mine's not workin' neither but I try not to be a pain or nothin'.

Greg,
It seems to work fine on IE8, which I'm running at home. I'm having the problems on two machines at work, where I'm running IE9. I think they might be having problems loading one or more of the js files.

If the problem is still there tomorrow I'll attach a screen shot, or if the problem goes away, I'll say that. Either way I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Still not working. Here's a shot of what I'm seeing.
PFScreenShot.png

The pi and pi/2 parts are inside [ itex ] and [ /itex ] tags.

a temp fix has been placed, works for me in IE9 now. will update with further developments. thanks!

The LaTeX is now rendering for me in IE9. Thanks, Greg!