1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maths mix with what?

1. Feb 6, 2006 #1
    Maths is basis of everything relate to numbers. Thus it is an useful tool to use. We know that nature science is the greatest application of maths, though more with other field must exist in the world. Can anyone discribe how maths composite with their profession. For example, economic, banking, engineering and etc. Your advice of some important, practical and useful courses are helpful indeed.

THX FOR RESPONSE

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2006 #2
    Well, what are YOU interested in?

4. Feb 7, 2006 #3
    I was told that pure maths majors are hard to find job beside staying in school. i want to go for engineering maths or actuarial science depends what class they will offer after this semester.

5. Feb 7, 2006 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Maxwell has the right idea. What do you like? That will carry you much further than what's available. If you're not driving it, you'll lose interest eventually.

6. Feb 7, 2006 #5
    I would like to do engineering or economic application. The only trouble i encounter in maths is that some of the topic is too abstract.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?