1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maths of climatology

1. Jan 15, 2005 #1
    Hello all, I am new to the forum

I have a major interest in climatology - particularly the numerical modelling of weather systems. I have some experience in this, but are planning to make a user friendly prgram for use in schools (surprise, i am a teacher), can others direct me to some numerical models and simulations that i may base my program on.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What educational advantages do you anticipate for a numerical modelling approach as opposed to presentation and development of understanding of physical principles driving weather?

You might be able to pick up ideas snooping around the NOAA and NCAR sites --- however, public school budgets seldom include much for running supercomputers, so their approaches to developing and running numerical models might not be appropriate for the resources available to you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?