Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MathType in WordPerfect

Tags:
  1. Jan 12, 2010 #1

crw

I use XP, Wordperfect 12, (X4 on trial), and MathType 5.2. Equations in WP good and conversion to Adobe pdf fine. Saving WP files as Word 2003+ gives equations out-of-line, so distorted as to be unreadable even with Word on same computer with same MathType. Text is fine.
    Font of equations in Word appears wrong and far too large. Would appreciate any advice. Could upgrade to X4, MT6.5 but suspect that is not the issue.
    crw

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2010 #2
    Yes, I suspect that is not the issue either. (BTW, MT6.6 is the current version.) One thing I've had success with in the past is saving WP docs as RTF, then opening the RTF in Word. Haven't tried that with these particular versions of WP/Word/MT, but it's worth a try.

4. Jan 14, 2010 #3

crw

Thanks. I'll try that.

5. Jan 14, 2010 #4
    If the equations look all messed up once you open the RTF in Word, try running the Convert Equations command from the MathType menu in Word. Convert "MathType or Equation Editor equations" to "MathType equations (OLE objects)". Seems redundant, but it's not.

6. Jan 15, 2010 #5

crw

Many thanks. This single operation produced a largely correct display in Word with the expressions having the correct font and layout. Left only a few minor issues. The vertical positioning was sometimes wrong by 1/2 to 1 line and some equations were shifted far to the right. In my WP config WP equation box is attached to a character and initially was centered on the line. For a few equations, WP had changed the graphic box settings and it was those equations which were out of line. Also, this works for the body of the document only- footnotes (and I guess endnotes) have to be treated separately.
    Thanks again.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook