Improving Tumor Detection with Matlab: A Collaborative Approach

In summary, the conversation is about a student working on a project using Matlab to improve detection ratios for Computer aided Diagnosis (CAD). They are seeking a piece of code for this purpose, but companies that have it do not distribute it. The student is willing to sign NDAs and is seeking advice on how to obtain the code.
Corey1984
Hey,

I'm working on a DSP project that is using Matlab to improve the detection ratios of Computer aided Diagnosis (CAD). However the companies that are capable of doing this sort of CAD ensure that their code is not distributed.

If anyone has or knows how to get a piece of code like this. It would be greatly appreciated

I am a 3rd year Electrical Engineering student at the University of British Columbia.

This code would not be used for commercial use. NDA's can be signed if it would help.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Corey1984 said:
Hey,

I'm working on a DSP project that is using Matlab to improve the detection ratios of Computer aided Diagnosis (CAD). However the companies that are capable of doing this sort of CAD ensure that their code is not distributed.

If anyone has or knows how to get a piece of code like this. It would be greatly appreciated

I am a 3rd year Electrical Engineering student at the University of British Columbia.

This code would not be used for commercial use. NDA's can be signed if it would help.

Thanks!

Then you need to contact the companies directly, and make the offer of signing NDAs. How in the world can we help you with this?

EDIT -- This sounds like a very useful project. My worry is just that you may be going about it in the wrong way...

1. What is Matlab code used for detecting tumors?

Matlab code is a set of instructions written in the Matlab programming language that is used to detect tumors in medical images. It is a powerful tool that uses mathematical algorithms and image processing techniques to identify abnormal growths in the body.

2. How does Matlab code detect tumors?

Matlab code for tumor detection works by analyzing medical images, such as MRI or CT scans, and identifying regions of abnormal tissue. It uses various techniques such as segmentation, feature extraction, and classification to differentiate between normal and abnormal tissue and highlight potential tumors.

3. What types of tumors can be detected using Matlab code?

Matlab code can detect various types of tumors, including brain tumors, breast tumors, lung tumors, and other types of cancerous growths. It can also be adapted to detect tumors in different organs and tissues within the body.

4. Is Matlab code accurate in detecting tumors?

Matlab code for tumor detection has been extensively researched and has shown high levels of accuracy in detecting tumors. However, like any medical imaging tool, it is not 100% accurate and should be used in conjunction with other diagnostic methods for a more comprehensive evaluation.

5. Can Matlab code be used for real-time tumor detection?

Yes, Matlab code can be used for real-time tumor detection. It is a fast and efficient tool that can process medical images in real-time, making it suitable for use in clinical settings. However, the accuracy of the results may vary depending on the quality of the images and the complexity of the tumor.