1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Matlab help needed contour plot

1. Sep 24, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to plot an electric field in some range around base station, for example in range of 200m.

EIRP=57,5dBm
    G=1 for the first example
    N=4

2. Relevant equations

E=[2*sqrt(30*N*P*G)]/r
    P=10exp[(EIRP-30)/10]
    EIRP=57,5dBm
    G=1 for the first example
    N=4

3. The attempt at a solution

[X,Y] = meshgrid(-200:.50:200,-200:.50:200);
    E=520./sqrt(X.^2+Y.^2);
    contour(X,Y,E);

so when i calculate the numerator it's around 520 so i just placed it directly, and in the denominator part i placed sqrt(X.^2+Y.^2) so it's the result for any distance from the station in this range from 0 to 200...the result i get is not good, i used contour plot, i'm really not that familiar with plotting in matlab so this is the first option i thought will work (maybe there are better options?)...in the attached file i made a snapshot of my result and the result of some other example...my result should look something like that...

I would appreciate any help very much...Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2012 #2
    and also i should include G (gain) in the equation so it all don't come out symetric but i got no idea how should i do it...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook