Matlab Help Needed - Newbie with 2 Day Deadline

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter bilesh26
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary: So in this case, you might want to state your objective for summing numbers 1-100. Then you might want to create an algorithm to sum the numbers. Then you might want to write the code in a specific programming language like Matlab.
bilesh26
guys I am new to here and new to matlab
i have assignment to do in matlab.
what i have to do is load a analog signal(voice) and sample it and then plot the digital signal.
i can't find a way to do that
pleasezz help me i have only 2days for this..!

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay well let's start out forgetting about MatLab for a second.

How would you go about sampling an analog signal to make a digital signal out of it?

dear friend i can't forget MATLAB because lecture wants it in mat lab!
sorry actually i dnt know how to do it!

bilesh26 said:
dear friend i can't forget MATLAB because lecture wants it in mat lab!
sorry actually i dnt know how to do it!

That's not the idea. Before you can program the code in any language you have to have an algorithm in mind.

So before you even think of how to code in Matlab how would you implement the analog to digital conversion?

Feldoh said:
That's not the idea. Before you can program the code in any language you have to have an algorithm in mind.

So before you even think of how to code in Matlab how would you implement the analog to digital conversion?

aah yeah first i want to sample the analog signal then gave to plot digtal signal from that samples...
thats the thing i want to do...

So write out the steps would would do to sample the analog signal and then plot the digital sample

Feldoh said:
So write out the steps would would do to sample the analog signal and then plot the digital sample
thats the thing which i cant! beacuse I am a biginner to MATLAB and i dnt know sintax for them!
can you help me pleasezz if you dnt mind

bilesh26 said:
thats the thing which i cant! beacuse I am a biginner to MATLAB and i dnt know sintax for them!
can you help me pleasezz if you dnt mind

Write out the steps in pseudo-code. You can translate the pseudo-code into a specific programming language later.

For example if I wanted to sum the numbers 1 through 100 I might write it out in pseudo-code as:

----------------------------------------

set a variable sum = 0
set i = 1

while i < 100 repeat the following:
{
sum = sum + i
i = i +1
}

output sum

----------------------------------------

Obviously that code I wrote is not syntactically correct for any programming language, however it's still easy to understand what my algorithm is for calculating the sum of the number 1 thru 100.

It's, in general, good practice to come up with an algorithm BEFORE you write the code in a specific programming language. As with all types of problems it's best to solve one part of a problem at a time. That way it doesn't seem overwhelming.

In the case of programming you want to state an overall objective. THEN create an algorithm to solve that problem. THEN write the code in a specific language.

1. What is Matlab and what is it used for?

Matlab is a high-level programming language and interactive environment commonly used in scientific and engineering applications. It allows users to perform numerical computations, create visualizations, and develop algorithms for data analysis and modeling.

2. How can I get help with Matlab?

There are several options for getting help with Matlab. You can refer to the official Matlab documentation, join online forums and communities, attend workshops or courses, or seek assistance from experts or tutors.

3. I am new to Matlab and have a tight deadline. What should I do?

If you are new to Matlab and have a deadline approaching, it is important to familiarize yourself with the basics of the language and its syntax. You can also consider seeking help from more experienced users or hiring a tutor to guide you through your project.

4. Can I use Matlab for data analysis and machine learning?

Yes, Matlab is commonly used for data analysis and machine learning tasks. It has a variety of built-in functions and tools for data preprocessing, visualization, and developing machine learning algorithms.

5. Is there a free version of Matlab available?

No, Matlab is a commercial software and requires a license to use. However, there are free alternatives such as GNU Octave and SciPy that offer similar capabilities to Matlab.