1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Matlab issue

1. Sep 10, 2009 #1
    Hey all. I have a little problem in Matlab. I attached word file in this post where the problem is explained because I can't write those formulas here.

It's not hard, just need to put few formulas together. I also wrote what i tried, but the result is not good. I calculated it manually and the result in Matlab isn't as expected.

I'm calculating magnetic field H in x-y plane due to current loop and I need to see how the field is changing according to radius of loop. I also wrote in word file what is expected, the result from one book, and results I calculated manually are very similiar to those in that book.

If anyone can take few minutes, take a look and try to help me I wold be grateful. :)

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2009 #2
    Just one correction
    K=1/E is not correct, it should be K=(1/E)*(pi/2)^2

4. Sep 10, 2009 #3
    The following code seems to work:

clear all;clc;
    h=0;
    a=1;
    I=1;

r=0:1e-2:a;

k=sqrt((4*a*r)./((r+a).^2+h^2));
    E=(sqrt(1-k.^2))*(pi/2);

K=(1./E)*(pi/2)^2;

H1=I/2*pi*sqrt((r+a).^2+h^2);

H2=K+(2*a*(r+a)./(((r+a).^2+h^2).*(1-k.^2))-(1./(1-k.^2))).*E;

H=H1.*H2

plot(r, H);
    grid on;
    xlabel('r(m)')
    ylabel('H(A/m)');

--------

You made a mistake with the parenthesis of the sqrt for the lowercase 'k'
    I corrected it and saw a functional dependence of something similar to what you have shown.

The y-axis values may not be right, but they depend on your parameters anyway....

Hope it helps...

5. Sep 13, 2009 #4
    Yes, thank you very much...it's something like thaht, but I don't get why the values for H are so much bigger than expected...for example in 0 I'm sure that H needs to be 0,5 and on this graf it is 10 times bigger...the funcion looks allright, but this results are confusing...

6. Sep 13, 2009 #5
    finally...it's ok...stupid mistake...now it is as it should be :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook