Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MATLAB R2009b Vista X64 exe error/question

1. Sep 25, 2009 #1
    Hi there,

To start off with I'll start with some systemspecs of my computer, they might be of further need...

AMD Athlon X2 4400+ S939 64-bits
    DFI LANPARTY NForce 4-SLI DualRAID
    4x320 GB Seagate S-ATAII HDD connected RAID(1+0) via NFORCE4 RAID Class Controller
    4GB Kingston HyperX DDR433 Memory

Software

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (legal & up to date excl. Vista SP1)
    MATLAB R2009b 7.9.0 x64 edition (illegal but fully registered/activated)

The problem is that I want to make an executable exe file of 3 of my MatLab functions, however, when I try to define my compiler this error shows up.

Code (Text):
    >> mbuild -setup
    Please choose your compiler for building standalone MATLAB applications:

Would you like mbuild to locate installed compilers [y]/n? y

Select a compiler:
    [1] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0

[0] None

Compiler: 1

Please verify your choices:

Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express  

Are these correct [y]/n? y

*****************************************************************************
      Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler.  This may indicate that the  
             "X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software  
             Development Kit (SDK) is not installed.  To build 64-bit binaries,  
             Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition requires that these two  
             packages be properly installed.  
    *****************************************************************************

Trying to update options file: C:\Users\Sander Monster\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2009b\compopts.bat
    From template:              C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win64\mbuildopts\msvc90freecompp.bat

Done . . .

>>
    I am now downloading SDK, but I'm not sure if that would make a difference... I can't find anything downloadable like MATLAB asks in first (X64 Compiler & Tools).

Does anyone know how to create an exe with MATLAB whilst using x64 OS & software? I'd love to see a bypass to prevent me from downloading all this crap like SDK, maybe a 32bit emulator?

Next I have a question of the exe. Will that work on 32 bit OS when it's made on 64 bit OS?

Hope you can help me out,

Kind regards,

Sander

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted