Customize 3D Function Markers in MATLAB with Texts - Quick Guide

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter PaulaS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, to customize 3D function markers in MATLAB, you can use the "scatter3" function to specify the marker type, size, and color. You can also add text to the markers using the "text" function. Additionally, you can change the color, font, and size of individual markers by specifying these properties in the "scatter3" and "text" functions.
PaulaS
Hello,

I am working on MATLAB and I want to plot a function in 3D. However, I want the markers to be a letter instead of the markers provided by MATLAB. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do I customize 3D function markers in MATLAB?

To customize 3D function markers in MATLAB, you can use the "scatter3" function. This allows you to specify the marker type, size, and color. You can also add text to the markers using the "text" function.

2. Can I change the color of individual markers?

Yes, you can change the color of individual markers by specifying the color for each marker in the "scatter3" function. You can also use a color map to assign different colors to the markers based on their values.

3. How can I add text to my 3D function markers?

You can add text to your 3D function markers using the "text" function in MATLAB. This function allows you to specify the position, text, and font properties for the text. You can also use the "text" function to add different labels to the markers.

4. Can I customize the font of the text on my markers?

Yes, you can customize the font of the text on your markers using the "FontName" and "FontSize" properties in the "text" function. You can also change the font style and weight using these properties.

5. Is it possible to change the size of individual markers?

Yes, you can change the size of individual markers by specifying the size for each marker in the "scatter3" function. You can also use a variable size vector to assign different sizes to the markers based on their values.