Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Matter distorts dark energy to create space-time

1. Jul 12, 2004 #1
    Dark energy is space and its interaction with vacuum particles is space-time.
    Matter affects dark energy and vacuum particles to curve space-time. Anyone agree?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2004 #2
    I am not sure...
    The main problem is, your statement is very short.
    If you could elaborate a little more on it (what does that mean? what are the consequences?), it might be easier to discuss it.

However, you might want to check this: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=33687&page=1&pp=15

The idea I am describing there might be inspired by considerations similar to yours. (Advertisement! Yeah! :tongue2: )

Keep it up! :wink:

4. Jul 15, 2004 #3
    Dark energy is only theoratical you know? Anyways explain what you mean. Its hard to start a topic with only a few sentences... :wink:

5. Jul 15, 2004 #4
    If I increase the size of a classical vacuum, I increase the volume of space and its density stays constant (at zero kg /m^3).Dark energy is increasing the volume of space it occupies and has constant density.So is dark energy really space?
    Space-time could be dark energy plus vacuum particles - both of these would be affected by the presence of normal baryonic matter.Perhaps the effect is the curvature of space-time.I am saying that space-time could be a real phenomenon in the sense that it could have mass and energy.
    So the curvature of space-time would be a real physical distortion of matter surrounding a star or planet, for example.This would help with the quantization of gravity because physicists know how to quantize mass and energy but they don't know how to quantize something as abstract as space-time.
    I interpret negative mass as being mass that carries momentum in the opposite direction to which it is travelling.A virtual photon made from negative energy could account for the attraction of electric charges of opposite sign.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?