Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Matter of fact

1. Aug 6, 2008 #1
    I understand the stages of matter, and how they can be altered under extreme conditions. but can there be new states of matter in ultra high temperatures and densities readings?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2008 #2
    We have already seen new states of matter under extreme circumstances. When certain materials are made cold enough you can get superconductivity for instance and bose einstein condensates. High pressure can also induce superconductivity in certain materials. High temperatures and pressures sounds like the state of the universe just after the big bang, but I don't remember a whole lot of specifics about that period of time (or what has been decided has happened by many theorists..). You can read about that in the First Three Minutes or something like that. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for, but it's what I have to offer.
  4. Aug 7, 2008 #3
    No, thats all good. Thanks badphysicist. Interestingly enough, I am actually conducting research on the Bose-Einstein condensates of dilute gases in atoms, Im sure your insight will help.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?