Max Voltage Possible for 30 Minutes Through Magnets?

In summary: So, I would not believe this. You can not apply this much voltage to anything!In summary, the conversation is about the maximum amount of voltage that can be applied to a series of magnets for a period of 30 minutes. The speaker's friend claims that he can apply more than 8.4 X 10^21 V without any consequences, but the speaker is skeptical. The speaker also questions the purpose of applying such a high voltage to magnets. In conclusion, the speaker does not believe that it is possible to apply such a large amount of voltage and doubts the credibility of their friend's claim.
Andrew042
I would like to know if there is a maximum amount of Voltage one could run trhough a series of magnets for about 30 minutes. A friend says that he could run more than 8.4 X 10^21 V through a series of magnets but I don't think so. COuld he really just run that much electricity through multiple magnets for a signifigant amount of time like 30 minutes without any consequences?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Andrew042 said:
I would like to know if there is a maximum amount of Voltage one could run trhough a series of magnets for about 30 minutes. A friend says that he could run more than 8.4 X 10^21 V through a series of magnets but I don't think so. COuld he really just run that much electricity through multiple magnets for a signifigant amount of time like 30 minutes without any consequences?

What do you mean by this?

Andrew042, we do not "run voltage through a series of" anything, including a series of magnets. We may APPLY a voltage from point A to point B. So, you might apply some voltage to magnets. For what reason would anyone want to apply voltage to a series of magnets for some time period? Why do that?

The voltage your friend told you is approximately 8,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 Volts! That is so large I can't even say it in words! Your friend is exaggggerating!

1. What exactly is "max voltage" when it comes to magnets?

Max voltage, or maximum voltage, refers to the highest amount of electric potential difference that can be achieved through the use of magnets in a particular system. This is typically measured in volts (V).

2. Why is it important to know the max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets?

Knowing the max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets is important for several reasons. It helps determine the maximum capacity and capabilities of a magnetic system, which is essential for designing and optimizing its performance. Additionally, it ensures the safety and stability of the system by preventing it from exceeding its maximum voltage threshold.

3. How is the max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets calculated?

The max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets is typically calculated using the formula V = B x L x V x t, where V is voltage, B is magnetic field strength, L is length, and t is time. This formula takes into account the key factors that affect the voltage output of a magnet, such as the strength of the magnetic field and the duration of its application.

4. Can the max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets vary depending on the type of magnet?

Yes, the max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets can vary depending on the type of magnet used. Different types of magnets have different magnetic field strengths and properties, which can affect the maximum voltage they can produce. For example, an electromagnet can typically achieve a higher max voltage compared to a permanent magnet.

5. How can the max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets be increased?

The max voltage possible for 30 minutes through magnets can be increased by using stronger magnets, increasing the length of the magnetic field, and increasing the duration of its application. Additionally, optimizing the design and positioning of the magnets can also help increase the max voltage output.