Maxima Math Tutorials: Other Options?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the search for alternative tutorials for the open source symbol manipulation software package Maxima. The person initially asks if there are any other tutorials available besides the ones provided in the software's help section. They also mention struggling to find helpful information in the software's online documentation and ask for recommendations for other popular open source software. Finally, they share a link to a tutorial they have found.
rootX
do you know about any maxima tutorials other than those provided in their help section?

Technology news on Phys.org
http://people.hofstra.edu/stefan_waner/realworld/tutorials4/framesc5_1.html [Broken]. :)

Or do you mean the open source symbol manipulation software package? ;) (Has online documentation that you can take a look at.)

- Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I meant that open source software.
Whenever, I try to google I end up with that first maxima tutorials..:(

I felt that their online documentation is not really helpful (because it is very hard to find what I want, and then it is mostly for people who have really good knowledge of math), so was looking for something else. Do you know about any other open source software, that is more popular?

Yayyyy, finally found it!
http://www.math.psu.edu/glasner/Max_doc/maxima_sg.pdf [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What topics are covered in Maxima Math Tutorials?

Maxima Math Tutorials cover a wide range of math topics including algebra, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.

2. Are there any interactive features in Maxima Math Tutorials?

Yes, Maxima Math Tutorials offer interactive features such as step-by-step solutions, practice problems, and quizzes to enhance learning and understanding of the concepts.

3. Can I access Maxima Math Tutorials from any device?

Yes, Maxima Math Tutorials are compatible with most devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. You just need a stable internet connection to access the tutorials.

4. Are there any free resources available on Maxima Math Tutorials?

Yes, Maxima Math Tutorials offer a variety of free resources such as practice problems, video lessons, and study guides. However, some advanced features may require a subscription.

5. Can I track my progress in Maxima Math Tutorials?

Yes, Maxima Math Tutorials have a progress tracking feature that allows you to keep track of your completed lessons, quizzes, and overall performance. This can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and focus on areas that need improvement.