Help finding the maximum height

In summary, Ted Williams, a former Boston Red Sox hitting expert, showed the Toronto Bluejays how to hit a home run that cleared a 120 meter fence at the Skydome. The question was asked to find the maximum height reached by the ball on its trajectory, which can be calculated using the formula ymax=vIsin2Өi/2g. The answer has been found.
SalsaOnMyTaco
hi guys. new here, i need help finding the maximum height, i saw my question was posted before here
Ted Williams, Professor Emeritus of Hitting with the Boston Red Sox, visits the Skydome in Toronto where all distances are measured in meters. He demonstrates to the younger Bluejays how it is done by hitting a home run that clears a low fence 120 m from home plate.

d) For these same conditions, find the maximum height (relative to the top of the fence) reached by the ball on its trajectory.
ymax = m

i am still confused and not able to do the problem

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
not sure how to close a thread, but i have found my answer.
to find the maximum height of a projectile the formula needed is

ymax=vIsin2Өi/2g

your welcome :cool:
Original Problem
Ted Williams, Professor Emeritus of Hitting with the Boston Red Sox, visits the Skydome in Toronto where all distances are measured in meters. He demonstrates to the younger Bluejays how it is done by hitting a home run that clears a low fence xxx m from home plate.

What is the definition of maximum height?

The maximum height is the highest point reached by an object when it is thrown upwards or falls from a certain height due to the force of gravity.

How do I calculate the maximum height?

The maximum height can be calculated using the formula h = (v^2 * sin^2θ) / 2g, where h is the maximum height, v is the initial velocity, θ is the angle of projection, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

What factors affect the maximum height?

The maximum height is affected by the initial velocity, angle of projection, air resistance, and the acceleration due to gravity.

What is the relationship between maximum height and time?

The maximum height is reached at the halfway point of the total time of flight, as the object slows down and starts to fall back towards the ground.

How do I find the maximum height on a graph?

The maximum height on a graph can be found by locating the highest point on the curve. This point will have the maximum value for the y-axis (height) and the corresponding value for the x-axis (time) can be used to calculate the maximum height using the formula mentioned above.