Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maxwell 3D. error: The solved region is not connected

1. Mar 16, 2017 #1
    Hello all,

I am working on a simple induction system consisting of 2 coils (separated by a distance) and the ferrite cores modelled with Maxwell 3D
    I want to run the optimization tool to define the best distance between the coils in order to have a high coupling factor between them.
    I am working on the complete 3D model
    The error I keep getting is:
    "Source setup error, possible reasons are 1) The solved region is not singly connected. If any circle in the solved region can not be freely shrunk to a point, then solved region is not regarded as singly connected. 2) The master and slave boundaries are separated. For this case, “Zero Tangential H Field?boundary condition need to be assigned on one boundary connecting master and slave boundaries."

The boundary conditions are zero tangential H field on the bottom and upper face of the defined calculation box.

The parametric analysis works!.

Do you have any ideas?

thanx

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted