Maxwell 3D. error: The solved region is not connected

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses a project involving a simple induction system and the use of an optimization tool to determine the best distance between two coils. The individual is working on a complete 3D model and has encountered an error related to the boundary conditions. Possible solutions include checking for any gaps in the model and considering different boundary conditions. It is also suggested to explore variations in other parameters for further optimization.
myrel
Hello all,

I am working on a simple induction system consisting of 2 coils (separated by a distance) and the ferrite cores modeled with Maxwell 3D
I want to run the optimization tool to define the best distance between the coils in order to have a high coupling factor between them.
I am working on the complete 3D model
The error I keep getting is:
"Source setup error, possible reasons are 1) The solved region is not singly connected. If any circle in the solved region can not be freely shrunk to a point, then solved region is not regarded as singly connected. 2) The master and slave boundaries are separated. For this case, “Zero Tangential H Field?boundary condition need to be assigned on one boundary connecting master and slave boundaries."

The boundary conditions are zero tangential H field on the bottom and upper face of the defined calculation box.

The parametric analysis works!.

Do you have any ideas?

thanx

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your project and the error you are encountering. From the information provided, it seems like the issue may be related to the boundary conditions you have set for your model. The error message suggests that the solved region is not singly connected, which means that there may be a discontinuity or gap in your model where the master and slave boundaries are not properly connected.

I would recommend checking your model thoroughly and ensuring that all boundaries are properly connected. You may also want to consider using a different boundary condition, such as a Perfect Electric Conductor (PEC) boundary, to see if that resolves the issue.

Additionally, you mentioned that you are using the optimization tool to find the best distance between the coils. Have you considered varying other parameters, such as the size or shape of the coils, to see if that also affects the coupling factor? This may provide more insight into the overall design and help you optimize the system even further.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project!

1. What does the error "The solved region is not connected" mean in Maxwell 3D?

This error means that the region being solved in the Maxwell 3D simulation is not a single, continuous region. This can happen when there are gaps or holes in the geometry being simulated, or if the boundaries are not properly defined.

2. How can I fix the "The solved region is not connected" error in Maxwell 3D?

To fix this error, you will need to check your geometry and make sure that all boundaries are properly defined and there are no gaps or holes. You may also need to adjust the mesh settings to make sure that the simulation accurately captures the geometry.

3. Can this error occur in any type of simulation in Maxwell 3D?

Yes, this error can occur in any type of simulation in Maxwell 3D, including electromagnetic, thermal, and structural simulations. It is important to always check for this error before running a simulation.

4. How can I avoid getting the "The solved region is not connected" error in Maxwell 3D?

To avoid this error, it is important to carefully check your geometry before running a simulation. Make sure that all boundaries are properly defined and that there are no gaps or holes in the geometry. You may also need to adjust the mesh settings to ensure an accurate simulation.

5. Can I still get accurate results if I ignore the "The solved region is not connected" error in Maxwell 3D?

No, it is not recommended to ignore this error as it indicates a problem with the geometry or mesh settings, which can greatly impact the accuracy of the simulation results. It is important to fix the error before running the simulation to ensure reliable results.