What are the steps for solving Maxwell's laws assignment?

In summary, the conversation is about the use of integral forms in equations related to electric and magnetic fields. The individual is seeking clarification on how to apply these equations and whether their current approach is correct. They also mention using the relationship between constants to find certain values. They request help and advice and are open to feedback.
MrJunkpile
hello

here's the paper.

http://www.physics.utah.edu/~rprice/00_2220/collab10.pdf

for the first part am i right in assuming that E flux is present only through the LH faces?

and that i need to double integrate E first with respect to x from zero to L and then with respect to z fom 0 to H? and similarly for part 2?

or am I complicating myself?

for part 3 I did the line integrals summed them and got 0

from part 2 i found the Bflux to be 0 therefore its derivative which is part three is 0. that satisfies Faraday's law doesn't it? as for the constants' relationship I'm not sure.

part 5 i did similarly to part 3

part 6: I am not sure on this

part 7: i used k^2/w^2=(permeability of free space)(permittivity) to find k, Beta I haven't found yet but I'll figure it out.

Part 8: any pointers for this part I'll greatly appreciate. :biggrin:

any help and advice greatly appreciated :smile:

I'll be checking replies and posting more questions :redface:

If what I've done so far does not make any sense or I'm totally in the wrong direction be frank in letting me know. I don't mind :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
:cry: :cry: :cry:

thanks.

1. What are Maxwell's laws?

Maxwell's laws, also known as Maxwell's equations, are a set of four fundamental equations that describe the behavior of electric and magnetic fields. They were developed by physicist James Clerk Maxwell in the 19th century and are a cornerstone of classical electromagnetism.

2. What is the importance of Maxwell's laws?

Maxwell's laws are essential for understanding the behavior of electric and magnetic fields. They have been used to make numerous predictions and have been confirmed by experiments, making them a crucial part of our understanding of electromagnetism.

3. What are the four Maxwell's laws and what do they describe?

The four Maxwell's laws are: Gauss's law, which describes the relationship between electric charges and electric fields; Gauss's law for magnetism, which describes the relationship between magnetic fields and the sources of those fields; Faraday's law, which describes how a changing magnetic field creates an electric field; and Ampere's law, which describes the relationship between electric currents and magnetic fields.

4. How are Maxwell's laws used in practical applications?

Maxwell's laws are the foundation for many practical applications, including the design of electrical circuits, the development of technologies such as radio and television, and the understanding of electromagnetic radiation such as light and microwaves.

5. Are Maxwell's laws still relevant today?

Yes, Maxwell's laws are still relevant and widely used in modern science and technology. They have been extensively tested and validated, and continue to be a crucial tool for understanding and predicting the behavior of electromagnetic fields.