Is Reposting a Physics Problem Acceptable on Forums?

• Thread starter Medgirl314
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking help with a physics problem, but the people who initially helped are no longer available. They are considering reposting the problem in a different section but are advised against it. They inquire about a forum for lower level physics and mention some students may get bored with simpler equations. They also mention the current weather conditions in the US. The conversation ends with a compliment about the other person's signature.
Medgirl314
Hi all,

I need help with a physics problem, but I don't think the people who started helping me aren't available anymore. Would it be okay if I reposted my problem in the Homework section with a link to the previous thread?

Thanks! :smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No, that's not a good idea. But it's good that you asked :smile:.

Try posting again in the thread - just re-word the question.

Okay, thank you! :smile: I love this forum and I'll continue to use it, but would you happen to know of a forum geared more towards lower level physics? The mentors on here are great, but some of the homework helpers are advanced physicists and tend to get bored with simple equations.

Thanks again! :smile:

Right now, many students and faculty in the US aren't even back at school yet from holidays. Also, there's a major snowstorm and cold spell happening in the midwestern and northeastern US, which might be distracting some people.

That's true! :smile: My comment about the more advanced students getting bored was mainly referring to comments they make about the knowledge of others, thought I phrased it oddly so that it wouldn't sound rude.

I like your signature. XD

1. What is "May I link to My Problem?"

"May I link to My Problem?" is a common phrase used in scientific research and publishing. It refers to the practice of linking to the original research problem or question in a scientific paper or article.

2. Why is it important to link to my problem?

Linking to your problem allows readers to easily access and understand the original research question or hypothesis that your study is based on. It also provides proper credit and recognition to the original researchers.

3. Are there any guidelines for linking to my problem?

Yes, there are general guidelines for linking to your problem. The link should be clear and direct, and should be provided in the introduction or background section of your paper. Additionally, it's important to ensure that the link is functional and leads to the correct source.

4. Can I link to my problem in any format?

Yes, you can link to your problem in any format, as long as it is accessible and leads to the correct source. This can include links to scientific papers, articles, or even online databases.

5. Is it necessary to link to my problem in my paper?

While it is not always required, linking to your problem is considered good scientific practice and is encouraged by many publishers. It helps to provide context and credibility to your research and allows readers to easily access the original source for further reading.